How long does it take to write 1 million words?

Today was one of those rare days to myself. The kids are at the grandparent's and I'm home alone. It's been nice. I've sat around loads. Intermittently I have to get up and do some twerking to get the blood flowing out of my arse and into my legs. It feels good! Just letting my fat jiggle everywhere!

Okay so that's a bit TMI, if you know what I mean.

Anyway! This afternoon I watched a cute rom com film called Man Up. It was funny and bloody preposterously romantic at the end, so that's why I loved it and I give it 5 out of 5 stars! Simon Pegg's acting makes me want to marry him. The actress Lake Bell who plays Nancy has a funny name IRL, but she's ace. So funny. And she has amazing huge teeth.

After watching that I wrote a bit. I started writing a new novel last night. It begins with a man and a bolt of lightning. I think I got inspired by that from a hilarious video I saw on facebook where a bloke's girlfriend nearly gets struck by lightning. His Australian accent and reaction is stupendously indecipherable and someone wrote in funny subtitles in his ooga booga language. My book hero isn't like the doofus in the video though. Oh no, my guy is suave. Maybe I'll insert an ooga booga character into this book though. That might be fun.

After a bit of novel writing I added up the word count of all 11 of my books.


So yeah, they total 637,860 words. If I write 362,140 more words I will have written 1 million words. So that's roughly 4-5 more books. After I've written 1 million words I will reach a point in my writing journey where I will no longer be a novice. I'll always be learning, the more I write, but 1 million is my first goal. Ready, steady, go!

Well, I'll get to it after I finish writing up this blog post, because lastly is what I'm working on right now.

Over the past few months I've come up with a 4 book series idea, and it's within the genre of suspense. I've practiced writing a bit in this genre and these 4 books would enable me to reach my goal of 1 million words. I also have three other books that are already in the works. I think those will be published first, and then I'll release this new genre into the world. Well, it's not MY new genre, it's just new to me. Hope I can do it justice, and by that I mean spooking myself to the extreme. Not supernatural spooky, but psychologically disturbing.

So how long does it take to write 1 million words? Answer: 5 years, because I plan on writing all 7 of my book ideas this year. Ha! Yeah right. The real answer is, I don't have an answer. We will just have to wait and see! Wish me luck. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinkerbeat Guest Post

Guest Post from Author Samantha Tonge on Her New Novella

Finally! A Cover for Bedevilled That I Like