Wednesday, 13 April 2016

An Update On Live Writing Learning

I almost had the next chapter in The Keystone ready to put up here on my blog, when I realised the whole thing was terrible, so I trashed it. I now have to read Chapter 17 again, so I can scrub my mind of the stupidness that I wrote for Chapter 18 (version 1).

So I guess this isn't 100% LIVE novel writing. I put up each chapter after I've written it in Scrivener first.

I've never trashed any of The Keystone chapters yet. This one's the first, and hopefully the last! What a set back in word count and story progression. There was just a new character I brought in and totally screwed him up. I should have just gone with my original idea for this new character, in the first place! Because that's what I'm about to write now. What you will read is going to be the character I thought up originally, you will never know the awful version I almost published, here on my blog.

I should be able to go with the same type of storyline for this chapter, but who knows? My writing is always character driven, so the things they do, feel, and say, always send the story into whatever direction it naturally takes!

I'm on a roll though. I did feel a bit stuck after Chapter 16. We are starting to know Jaclyn a lot better now. And this new world she's in is going down a path I am eager to explore!

So this learning curve about live writing is that I should trust my first instinct, and take it from there. Sometimes I think that by changing my ideas millions of times, creates more twists and turns, but that's not always true. It's the repercussions that stem from my initial ideas that creates the surprises and twists. So to avoid having to delete entire chapters I must trust my gut and go with what feels right the first time!

Okay, I didn't go this far, but the frustration is basically the same. Maybe a bit less. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment