Skip to main content

Rings of Power alternate fanfiction brainstorming

Let’s create some fanfiction based off rings of power. What if Sauron had stayed on Numenor and Galadriel had escaped the very first day they arrived, and left for middle earth on her own. Sauron would have never got the idea for the rings. 

I have two ideas I want to contrast. 1. Sauron works in Numinor at the forge/blacksmith’s, maybe he finds a way to influence Numinor to help him conquer all. 2. What other path could Sauron take on Numinor? Does every path for him lead to evil? Or does he try to remain calm and reflect on his wrong doings? Was it only the possibility of the rings that reignited his desire to rule over all middle earth? 

1. Sauron’s Manipulation in Númenor. Without the inspiration from the creation of the Rings, Sauron focuses his dark ambitions on Númenor itself. He cleverly integrates himself into the society, taking up a position at the forge or blacksmith’s guild where he uses his considerable skills to subtly sow discord. He could create powerful, enchanted weapons and artifacts, which he uses to influence key figures in Númenorean politics and military circles. Over time, Sauron could manipulate the growing sense of fear and paranoia among the Númenoreans, leading them to aggressive expansionist policies. This would create internal strife and weaken Númenor from within, making it ripe for his eventual domination. Sauron's goal shifts from the Rings to orchestrating a grand conquest, using the chaos and confusion he instigates to ultimately bend Númenor to his will. 

2. Sauron’s Redemption Path in Númenor. Sauron, upon arriving in Númenor, reflects on his past misdeeds and contemplates a different path. Instead of pursuing further darkness, he chooses to live a more humble existence, dedicating himself to the betterment of Númenor. He starts working on repairing and improving the lives of the people, attempting to atone for his past wrongs. Sauron’s presence leads to a period of prosperity and enlightenment in Númenor, as he uses his knowledge to aid the society in a genuine and constructive manner. However, his past reputation and the inherent darkness within him constantly threaten this newfound path. His internal struggle with his nature and the temptation to return to his old ways are central to this narrative. The question remains whether he can truly change or if the allure of power will ultimately pull him back into darkness. 

Either way Galadriel would have to fight against Sauron again because here's my idea for number 2:

Galadriel goes to Middle Earth on her own and witnesses the creation of Mordor. She's still determined to find and kill Sauron, but now she has to contend with Adar and his orc horde. Galadriel doesn't know that Adar is also trying to find and kill Sauron again, because he heard rumour that he's reborn. Galadriel hears of the good Sauron has done in Numinor and goes back to him for aid. Sauron/Halbrand has major power in Numenor now and he convinces the queen regent to go to Galadriel's aid. Then of course once back in Middle Earth Sauron meets with Celebrimbor and from there his power hungry will takes hold and the story of the rings unfolds once again.

I mean, there could be many paths that lead to the rings being forged. I'm just flexing my fan fiction wings to inspire more avenues of creativity in my mind. I think writing fan fiction is a great way to expand creativity. I could even put up fan fiction stories on Wattpad and my author pen name there could link to my own unique fiction that's for sale. Because you can't earn on fan fiction. Fan fiction is great practice for the imagination. I was always against it, but now I take all creative avenues on board. I used to hate ghost writers, and now I am one. I've taken on many creative outlet projects over the years. It's all creative writing and it all contributes to an author's development.

Maybe I'll write up fan fiction episodes for Rings of Power season 3. Or maybe even fan fiction alternate episodes for season 2, starting with episode 5 which was really too dark for my liking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post from Author Samantha Tonge on Her New Novella

How to Get Hitched in Ten Days is my first novella and the story just flew onto the page. It is a tale of friendship, unrequited love and about turning around the challenges that occasionally strike us all as we go through life. Mikey helps the boyfriend of his best friend and flat mate, Jasmine, turn around a disastrous Valentine’s Day proposal. Early reviews are coming in and I am thrilled that many readers are reacting to Mikey in the way I intended – they all love him and wish he was part of their lives.   As one reviewer,   Coffeeholic Bookworm says: “  I want some Mikey in my life! Mikey isn’t your typical hero. He’s soft, fluffy, sensitive and yummy. His friendship with Jasmine was admirable. He’s a keeper ” Do you have a best friend? Someone you can turn to in your hour of need?   I think I created this character because, apart from my lovely husband, I don’t. And sometimes life gets difficult. You don’t necessarily want to burden your family or partner with

Thinkerbeat Guest Post

Welcome to the Thinkerbeat Anthology Interview Q: What inspired you to start publishing? A: I wrote my first story when I was really young. I used to sit with a typewriter and clunk away at the keys for hours. I’d make a lot of mistakes, but I kept trying. Later, I started sending stories out for publication. I got a lot of rejections, just like everyone does. In college I studied the music business and learned about managing talent. I also played around with the idea of becoming a computer programmer, but my creative side won out and I spent a number of years working in the music business. Down the road, I got an offer to write a children’s book for a publisher. I thought, well, 500 words, how hard can that be? It took me months to finish it. You spend more time describing the illustrations on the page than you do putting words on the page. The staff editor was never happy and we disagreed on a lot of things. But I learned from him. I also kept in mind that if I didn’

Chick Lit

 I just listened to a Romantic Comedy novel on Audible. I haven't done that in a while. I can't quite believe I was in the mood for it, but since I moved back to my home town I've been so happy, and I guess Chick Lit is my happy place when it comes to writing. So maybe I'll write a new chick lit novel. I mean, the rom com I just 'read' wasn't hilarious, unless you consider the scenarios to be hilariously improbable in real life, but I was okay with that. The story was cute, and sometimes that's all I want. My most recent WIP is a science fiction novel. It's starting out under water. Or the main character being immersed in some kind of mysterious liquid anyway. And of course I want to finish writing it, I'd like to finish everything I start, but my brain wanders and I haven't finished anything since my last publication of Lament No Pain. Which was only a short story, so that was easy to finish in a short amount of time. Well it doesn't rea